Regional Relationship Manager: Multiple Regions
Conterra Ag Capital is looking for a Senior Relationship Manager to join our Sales and Credit team.
Conterra Ag is an agricultural lender that provides borrowers, from family farmers to large agribusinesses, a full portfolio of flexible lending solutions. Conterra focuses exclusively on agriculture and rural America. Headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa and founded with agricultural roots, Conterra has team members located across the country. We understand agricultural operations and their changing financial needs. Conterra offers long-term fixes rates, traditional farm and ranch loans, and alternative and bridge lending, as well as development loans for permanent plantings.
Why Conterra Ag?
We are a team of hardworking, boots on the ground individuals who believe in supporting American farmers and ranchers. Remote employees enjoy flexible hours and the comfort of home offices. We stay in touch through Zoom and Teams calls, as well as biannual all-team meetings at the West Des Moines office. Employees are encouraged to share experience and opinions in an open environment.
Our company is growing. We are in need of senior relationship managers to cover various regions of the United States. The ideal candidate will have an agricultural lending/finance background. Travel required.
Candidates must be able to work from home when not traveling. Home location preferably in a central location of their service region.
Conterra Ag relationship managers are self-driven, with individual goals as motivation. However, all sales team members must be able to work toward company goals, regardless of region. A strong sense of teamwork is necessary for everyone’s success.
- Identify opportunities in the market
- Contact new and potential clients
- Contribute to the development of lead generation for the region/client group
- Build and maintain relationships with potential and existing clients
- Analyze and asses the profitability and risk of new loan applications
- Assess profit, loss, and risk associated with each client, and the impact to the loan portfolio, with focus on improving market share and risk-reward ratio
- Negotiate contracts and loan structure with clients
- Move loans from application through underwriting and closing process in accordance with the states of the sales process
- Develop, maintain and expand a network of relevant internal and external relations (e.g. appraisers, attorneys, CPAs, bankers, title companies, etc)
- Attend farm shows, farm visits, ag-related seminars, local public events, national conferences and other ag-related and ag banking events
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of client/prospect agriculture industry
- Become a trusted advisor to the customer
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of sensitivity of borrowers’ financial information
- Extensive knowledge of diversified agricultural production and livestock enterprises
- Extensive knowledge of all agricultural industry segments within the region
- Knowledge of relevant rules and regulations
- Customer service skills
- Information collection and analysis
- Risk analysis and interpretation
- Sales and marketing techniques
- Oral and written communication
- Business correspondence
- MS Office Suite
- Time management and highly organized
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years experience
- Eastern Cornbelt (Eastern IL, IN, OH)
- Mid-Senior to Senior level
- Agricultural Finance
- Relationship Manager