Conterra Asset Management is a dynamic agricultural business involved in managing and extending credit to agricultural producers nationwide. This position provides analysis, review and general credit functions by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Reviews all pertinent credit and financial information; including accountant prepared financials, internal/personal financial statements tax returns, and tax returns.
- Compile reports regarding finance and credit data.
- Prepares credit analysis of new agriculture loan requests and provides the necessary documentation and financial facts for the Account Managers to analyze, evaluate, and determine appropriate credit structure and terms for potential borrowers.
- Prepares summary analysis and supporting information for credit committee.
- Work with operations team to understand quantitative and qualitative information to balance credit risk with portfolio growth.
- Assist with the development and implementation of credit procedures.
- Communicate independently with other company personnel and contacts outside the company with limited supervision.
- Types of credits may include agricultural production, services provided to the agricultural industry, and/or agricultural processing operations.
The following desired experience is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or agricultural economics from an accredited college or university preferred.
- 3+ years of credit underwriting experience in a commercial and/or ag lending industry.
- Knowledge of crop and livestock industries and production practices preferred.
- Competency in financial analysis, understanding the interrelationship of the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flow.
- Advanced knowledge of computer programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced, deadline intensive environment.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of web-based programs, software and database applications and technologies
Please contact us if you have interest in learning more about our current openings.